Time Recording Android App [ EN | DE ]
• Backup and restore: Back up your data, restore after phone reset or on new phone.
• Edit past days: Edit past days, add missing entries.
• Reporting period: Set your reporting period (aka "pay period") to weekly, monthly, or more.
• Worktime overview: Overview grouped by week or month.
• Holiday tracking: Handling of holidays and public holidays.
• Breaks: How to manage breaks.
• Reports: Export your data as HTML, PDF or Excel report.
• Alarm settings: Alarm notifications if you forget to check in or check out, on "time reached" events, and more.
• Tasks: Usage of tasks
• Date,Time: App settings for date, time, decimal time, calendar, week numbers, first day of week and month, and more.
• "Value" fields: Enable additional input fields.
• Set your target hours:
- Target time per day
- Target time per week
- Target time per month
• Punch shortcuts: Add routine entries with two clicks.
• Batch operations: Copy days, batch create notes, delete old data.
• Decimal time: Switch from regular time to decimal time (base 100 minutes).
• Auto breaks: Rules for breaks that are created automatically.
• Punch rules: Automatically change punch times or add task switches using rules based on "time" or "total".
• Tasks time budget: get alarm notifications if time budget per task is over.
For power users:
• Multiple instances: APK sideloading of additional Time Recording app instances.
• Multi device sync: View or edit your data on multiple Android devices.
Other app information:
FAQ: Frequently asked questions
How do I copy all app data and settings to my new phone?
See "Backup and restore" above
Do you have an iPhone or Web enabled version of this app?
No. The app is Android only. Additional platforms are not planned. It's way too late to start working on an iPhone version after all these years.
Does the app support mileage, expenses or tips?
See the "Value fields" page above
How can I add the same entries to multiple days at once?
See "Batch operations" above
Can I make the app punch automatically based on GPS?
Yes. See here.
Can I use NFC tags for punching?
Yes, use NFC Automation.
Can I synchronise my data over multiple devices?
See "Multi device dync" above.
What's "Free unlock" versus "Pro version"?
• Both remove ads and enable "Google Calendar Sync"
• "Free unlock" uses annual subscription model. If you cancel the subscription then the app will eventually start showing ads again.
• "Pro" is a different app in Google Play Store ("blue icon" instead of "red icon"), and needs to be purchased before install. This is a one-time cost.
The license is then bound to your Google account for lifetime and cannot be transferred.
→ In case of license issues with Pro see this page.
Do you have plans for cloud providers other than Google Drive or Dropbox? For example ownCloud, Nextcloud, Webdav?
Your provider might support the "Android Storage Access Framework". See this page.
My hourly rate has changed. How do I put this into the app without changing past entries?
Use "historic values". Sample see here.
Can I use the same task with different clients? How do I assign a client to a work unit?
The app is based on a strict hierarchy "Work unit → Task → Client". You cannot assign a client directly to a work unit, or use the same task with different clients.
Consider using the "Value fields" if you want to use the same task with different clients, if you have many short-lived tasks, or if for any other reason you end up with too many tasks.
Use case: define one of the fields as "Project ID" so you can put in free text ids, or define the field as "list of values" if it has just a few valid ids.
How do I track my holidays and hours above regular work?
See these pages:
• How to enter holidays
• Worktime overview
• Balance tracker
Can the app track paid overtime?
See "Paid overtime"
How can I switch between AM/PM, 24 hours and decimal time?
See "Date, Time"
→ Hint: "Military time" is the same as "24 hours"
→ Hint: "Decimal" shows minutes of the hour on a "per 100" base (e.g. 08:30 regular time = 08.50 decimal time)
Wrong week numbers, e.g. W00
See "Date, Time"
How can I add a check-out at midnight?
Can we use Time Recording in our team?
Partially. See here.
Delete old data
• There's no "archive" option or similar. Use report E2 to pull all data before batch deletion.
• For batch deletion see "batch operations" above.
Does the app have an API?
See "Public Services".
The app integrates as plugin in the Play Store app Tasker.
How can I track 2 jobs?
• Option 1: set up two tasks within the app and assign your time accordingly.
This allows you to have a grand total overview and is maybe easier to use than option 2, as everything is in one place.
However, you will hit app restrictions if you want to set job specific global settings (sample: the app cannot have different "target time" per job).
• Option 2: install "Free" and "Pro" in parallel, and use one app per job. Note that "Pro" is a paid app.
This way you have a clean separation of data and settings, as the two apps run independent of each other.
Can I track more than one person with this app?
Partially; see "Multiple instances".
Can I track work in parallel, or have overlapping entries?
No. This is not supported, and likely never will.
Flextime and running monthly delta is reset on Jan/01 every year.
The hours balance of "Flextime" and "Running monthly delta" is only kept within the same calendar year; it resets and starts with zero on 1st of January.
→ Use the respective edit screen to manually set the starting balance as of Jan/01; see the "target time" help screens above.
I have further questions:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note we receive a lot of emails.